Thongsbridge Tennis Club
Project Type _
Commercial Masterplan Concept
Main Contractor _
We were approached by Thongsbridge Tennis Club with a number of design queries including the following Masterplan Response:
- To extend the existing tennis hall and move all 4 indoor courts to create a larger internal hall.
- To extend the main gymnasium to maximise and encourage new membership and take advantage of the surrounding clientele.
- Larger clubhouse with bar and kitchen.
- Adding additional mezzanine floor to accommodate studio and small businesses.
- Allowing social interaction and a collective coming together through different sporting disciplines and social interventions
- Having a flexible multi purpose/function room space available for external social events.
- Allowing inside and outside to merge into one through Sport, Food and Drink.
- Public/Private spaces.
- New car park for new and existing members.
Eight_OneTwo's design plan was also to provide a strong entrance with a new canopy roof and colonnade to allow maximum penetration through the building and site, coordinate the circulation through one area and connect all current external buildings.